I work at KioWare, which makes Kiosk Software for Windows and Android.
I've been Linux (slackware circa kernel 1.2.8) as my main OS, but gradually used Windows 95 more. Initially did some system admin work in NT4, then went the direction of programming, working mostly in Access 97 (for frontend and backend) for about 2 years. After picking up DB design, moved up to MSSQL 7, with VB6 for a frontend. Designed many classic ASP apps with compiled web class ActiveX DLL's and MSSQL 2000 as the DB server. Picked up MySQL and Oracle.
In 2003, started full time development in VC++ with MFC. Started using subversion in combination with bugzilla for management of off-the-shelf kiosk application. In 2005, started dev in .Net 2.0 with C#. Actively develop company website transaction management in ASP.Net, with MSSQL 2005 backend.
Currently learning EF4 in the hope of porting a VB6 Application using an Access 2000 backend to a .Net 4 application using WPF with the MVVM pattern, and SQLite DB for backend.
And of course, I'm #SOreadytohelp
- Stack Overflow 11.3k 11.3k 77 gold badges5252 silver badges8686 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 2.5k 2.5k 22 gold badges1717 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 355 355 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 263 263 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Super User 223 223 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 168 What is MOJO in Maven?
- 100 MySQL - How to increase varchar size of an existing column in a database without breaking existing data?
- 69 How to generate service reference with only physical wsdl file
- 65 MessageBox Buttons?
- 36 Where is the location of GAC?
- 30 How do I fix "Two-way binding requires Path or XPath" exception in WPF Datagrids?
- 26 Bash: grep pattern from command output
- View more network posts →